Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010 at 9:30 pm

This afternoon at 3:35 pm our mother finished her mission on this earth and returned to her Heavenly Father. She passed peacefully with her family surrounding her. Right now, its hard to tell you how we feel because the feelings are still so very fresh. Know that we are so very sad and wish the world could be still for just a moment to acknowledge the passing of a special person. Our world is a different place now. This will take some adjusting to as we figure out a new normal.

Mom's first Dr. apt. was only 42 days ago and she was diagnosed with cancer 29 days ago. What did you do in the last 42 or 29 days? Life is a precious thing; don't take it for granted.

We will post funeral information as soon as plans are finalized. Let us catch our breath and we will let you know the specifics soon.

P.S. hug your mom!!

5 comments:

Anita said...

Thank you, Heather.

Cristina Kennington said...

Your family is in my thoughts and my prayers tonight. The girls and I had a really good talk about eternal families and the comfort our knowledge about Heavenly's Father plan gives in situations like this: your mom's missionary work has already started. Good night my friend.
Cristina

Unknown said...

42 days ago I was in the office joking around with your mom, 29 days ago I was on board with the plan of attack for her treatments..Now waiting for news on her funeral. I am quite sure most of us are just in shock and wondering what has just happened. I guess the best thing we can take from this news is she passed peacefully surrounded by love because that is what she gave to all of us...love and miss you Cheryl your friend Deb

Linda Freeman said...

Cheryl touched many lives with her kindness and love. She would do anything she could for someone with a gentle but guiding hand. I'm afraid we do get caught up in life and take much for granted, only to regret what we haven't done when faced with a loss of someone special. May you and the family gather peace and strength from one another and from knowing our Heavenly Father's promise of eternal life. And know that Cheryl is still looking out you! My thoughts and prayers go out for all of you.... Hug much, laugh often, and never forget to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Love & miss you Cheryl.
--Linda

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom and were up late with a crying baby recently and I thought you of you and thought I should really just tell her how much I love her. I didn't because we started talking about something else, but now I'm going to. Thanks for the reminder.